The Finance Department is responsible for maintaining the financial integrity of the City and providing a wide range of financial support services. The Finance Director supports City staff, policy makers and citizens by providing quality financial services and information to promote prudent decision making that maintains long-term financial stability.
Finance functions ensure compliance with legal and professional requirements. Primary functions include:
- Developing financial projections
- Performs oversight of the City budget and audit functions
- Reviews and approves purchase requisitions and invoices to determine availability of funds in accordance with the City budget
- Paying vendors and employees
- Developing and managing internal controls
- Providing cashiering and accounts receivable services
- Overseeing all financial transactions
- Functions as Tax Administrator for Transient Lodging Tax
- Working with Certified Public Accountants to prepare the Annual Audit
- Managing the City’s debt
- Ensuring efficient banking services for all City operations
- Assisting City departments with advice as needed on various financial issues.